Nova Scotia - the final chapter

Sept. 8 and 9 - Nova Scotia


Sept. 8 - After a morning pedal to the ferry, I had a relaxing morning cruise to Nova Scotia! As I approached the shore, the clouds broke, the sun came out, and the day became a perfect fall riding day of around 18 degrees, sunny with a light breeze - hellooo! I pedaled the rest of the morning away on trails ranging from great packed stone dust to vegetated tracks (see photos). But I love those trails, and I saw them through 125kms today. The trails took me along the coast and then up the Annapolis Valley. They valley is one of Canada's main fruit regions, and I emerged from the trail to pick up 4 fantastic farm fresh apples. There were lots of apple trees with tiny apples along the side of the trail as well - so many that the smell of apple was almost overpowering at times. I stopped to see the national historic site at Annapolis Royal - an old fort - and was reminded of the very long history of settlement t in this side of the coast compared to BC. I also emerged from the trails for dinner - I found a donair place who's large donair consisted of about 3 pounds of goodness that helped me roll right to my campsite for the night. 








Sept. 9 - I woke up to acorns harvested by squirrels pinging at my tarp and a morning that was a refreshing 6 degrees and foggy. As I biked along some trails, it turned into the most perfect day - calm breeze, sunshine, 20 degrees, blue sky and puffy clouds - the perfect day for a 175km bike ride. I asked some Saturday morning cyclers for some directions as I finished the trail, and after a few more questions, they got me a celebratory lunch which we enjoyed together, and invited me on a gravel shred tomorrow (tempting, but brakes are at 1%, so not happening). I did follow their route suggestions which brought me up a hill with a great view of Nova Scotia and it's fields and forests. I then headed into Halifax, where I was met and guided by Faelan through the maze to the ocean, as open as I am going to get it! Wheel got dunked in the water, and I'm done! Kind of anticlimactic tbh, but I'm pretty stoked. The journey of 12000kms ends with a single splash. Jules out!!!!





Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to our little town, Annapolis Royal - the birthplace of Canada !
    Jeff and Kamile

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts