The flexibility of dreams




I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most flexible - my body or my mind. When I set a goal or decide something, I can be a little... stubborn (just ask my Mom). But there are things that even my stubbornness yields to, and apparently infected blisters are on that list. A fairly minor blister turned into a fairly major apparent problem when I arrived in Big Bear. I'll skip the details, but suffice to say it went from bad to worse and became a rather treatment resistant balloon-animal-like foot. Looking at an undetermined amount of time off-trail and needing resources not available in Big Bear, I realized I needed to be flexible, and I found a cheap flight back to Vancouver. So here I am, being patient, reading books, and crutching around the block to keep my right leg strong!

What next? At first, since I couldn't do the trail in the way I had set my mind to, I considered that option closed and was scheming how long it would take me to bike to the east coast. A few days into that thought process, the PCT is still nagging me as unfinished business. I could go back to where I left it, I could start southbound and see where I end up, I can be flexible. But for right now, I'm going to put my feet up, and see where that gets me. I'm going to go to my angels of support and love in the healing magic of  Bowen Island (you know who you are and I'll see you soon ;)).

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Every step (mind the pun) is important and special and this next step, being flexible and listening to wisdom to guide you is teaching you just like the trail was...can't wait to hear what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Enjoyed meetings you on your west coast adventure. Unfortunately many young people have taken a beating from public discourse; consequently, meeting you negated those attempts and brought a good feeling of this world will be left in good stewardship. I imagine you created lifelong memories for all you touched along your adventure. Place your feet up and enjoy your memories like those of us who met you. The east coast will be there when you want it.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts