Going coastal

May 7 - 8: Going coastal

I had no expectations of what the Oregon Coast would look like, but whatever I could have had has been exceeded and then some. It is phenomenal. The ocean, the coastline, the trees, the grasslands And, THE RIDING! Even now, a few days after I wrote these daily entries below, Sunday is still in my mind just maybe the happiest day of my life... 

Sunday, May 7. Today was for all those days when I wished all I had to do was bike all day. My 182 km ride on my heavyish touring bike was done with joy!! The sunshine was glorious, the scenery spectacular, and the miles went down easy. A day of that glorious feeling when your legs feel strong, the world is your friend and smiles escape onto your face. I actually had the best day ever - no words and no pictures. The day ended just north of Coos Bay as I fulfilled another goal of mine... staying in a KOA - the services are unreal. @ Coos Bay, Oregon

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: ocean, sky, water, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: sky, bridge, plant, tree, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water


Monday, May 8. Seeing as it was a Monday and all, I decided to get down to work and get my butt to Cali! Long story short, 6 days and 1154 kms later (249 kms of which happened today) I AM NOW A CALIFORNIA GIRL!!!! That about summarizes the day... miles on miles on miles. Some felt quick, but a lot felt slow. It was sunny, and I could see the vultures circling as I wilted mid-day in an interior section away from the sea, but I returned to the coastal breeze and made it through long climbs and descents along more glorious views... Time for sleep now. @ Crescent City, California

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, riding a bicycle, bicycle, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: ocean, sky, water, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: ocean, water, sky, outdoor and nature

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts